Full course description
This course exposes participants to the fundamentals of information security controls.The course will cover technology controls through a wide variety of foundational topics of information security; cyber security; application, data and operating system security; securing virtual environments; cloud and mobile security; network security; the Internet of Things; and staying safe online. The course will also use case studies to explore current cyber threats including phishing scams, zero day exploits, man-in-the-middle (MiTM) attacks, IP spoofing, malware and Trojan exploits, and physical security exploits. By the end of the course, participants will have an understanding of critical information security topics, and will be able to make strategic decisions and advise on issues and trends.
Key Course Takeaways:
- Articulate the fundamental concepts of information technology security.
- Identify information technology security issues and opportunities to mitigate issues.
- Identify information technology security threats and how controls are used.
- Identify information technology models and frameworks and their use.
Identify information assets and examine some of the vulnerabilities they contain.
Evaluate data breach case studies and how controls could be used to minimize their risk.
- Evaluate the human role in breaching systems.